Gates

Al-Aqsa Mosque has 17 historic gates, open and closed.
There are 10 open gates, including: Al-Asbat, Hetta, Al-Ghwanmeh, Al-Silsila, and others.
Yet, it is estimated that there are about 7 closed doors, including the Ols Sakeenah gate, Al-Janae’z, Al-Rahama and Al-Tawba gates, inaddition to Al-Mufrad, Al-Thulathi, and the Old Hetta gates.

  • Pick a point from the map
  • Al-Bab Al-Muzdawaj (the Double Gate) / Bab Al Nabi

    Landmark Location:
     The southern side of the wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque present under the pulpit of the Imam of the tribal mosque, away from the triple Gate 30 meter to the west.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     In the south-west.

    Landmark History:

    A very old Gate may return in its origin to the Byzantines.

    Reason of the name:

    -Bab Al Nabi: There is a belief that the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him entered at Al-Isra ’a journey and Omar bin al-KHettab may Allah be pleased him, entered the yards of the mosque after the Omar’s conquest. -There is a view that says the Gate was Umayyad’s origin as indicated from the beautiful decoration of the Gate similar to decoration of Bab Al Rahma Umayyad construction. The presence of Roman stones does not mean that the Roman Gate in terms of the use of the builders stone in writing Latin, but it was put upside down, which indicates ignorance of constructive in Latin or else they put it the correct format.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -Use the Gate as an entrance to the Umayyad palaces south of Al-Aqsa Mosque blessed to the yards of the mosque through a long corridor known today as the (old Aqsa).
    -The biblical archaeologists claim that this section is one of the Gates of the temple alleged to the name of their prophet Khalda mentioned in their book the Book of Kings and this false claim to them was not supported by any historical facts or Archaeologists, in their confusion over the name, the Jewish archaeologist Meir Ben Dov claims that the name may be took the mole animal that digs under the ground and comes out of another area that is so homogeneous on the Gate that runs its passage under the Al-Aqsa Mosque access the yards.

    The Gate throughout the Ages:

    Fatimid period:
    A soldier tower was built on the western entrance of the Gate as a front line of defense (mostly in the Fatimid period prepared for the invasion of the Franciscan) The eastern Gate was outside the tower is seen today from the remnant area of ​​Umayyad palaces.
    Crusader Time:
    The Crusaders used the tower and added it.
    Al-Ayyubi time:
    Salah al-Din turned it after liberation to a corner waqf by Jalal al-Din al-Shashi.
    The Mameluke Period:
    This corner of the Mameluke period was known as the Corner of al-KHettani, in relation to Sheikh Shams al-Din al-KHettani Where he lived.
    Present:
    -The Corner today occupies the library of the mosque (the library of Khutaniyah).
    Building the tower on the Gate did not prevent entry and exit from the south side of the mosque across the gate small in the corner was mentioned Ibn Fadlullah al-Omari 746 AH in his visit to the corner (he called Khanka Validity).
    -The gate remained open until the scary on corner from the Israeli occupation so the Gate closed.

    An Overview of the Landmark:

    It is a very old Gate that may be returned to the Byzantines, and there was an opinion  that the Gate was Umayyad, by the evidence of beautiful decoration similar to there on Bab Al Rahma Umayyad construction, though the presence of Roman stones does not mean that the Roman Gate in terms of the use of stoneworker is written in Latin but it was put upside down, indicating ignorance in the Latin language or else they put it in shape right, and is located in the southern side of the wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque under the pulpit of the Imam’s mosque.
    It is completely tribal and is far from the triangular Gate 30 meter to the west, and is located in the side for The Dome of the Rock. There is a belief that the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him entered from him in the journey of Isra, Omar bin Al KHettab may Allah be pleased him has entered to the yards of the mosque after the opening of this age called this name.
    The Gate used as an entrance from the Umayyad palaces that were south of Al Aqsa Mosque to the courtyards of the mosque through a long corridor known today as the (Old Al Aqsa), claim archaeologists the Torah says that this section is one of the Gates of the temple alleged to the name of their immortal prophet  mentioned in their book the Book of Kings and this false claim to them was not supported by any historical or archaeological facts, and in their confusion on the label, Jewish archaeologist Meir Ben Dov claims that the name may have been derived from the mole Who digs under the ground and comes out of another area of ​​hometown that description on the Gate that walks its passage under Al Aqsa Mosque until the squares.

    The Gate throughout the Ages:

    Fatimid period:
    A soldier tower was built on the western entrance of the Gate as a front line of defense (mostly in the Fatimid period prepared for the invasion of the Franciscan) The eastern Gate was outside the tower is seen today from the remnant area of ​​Umayyad palaces.
    Crusader Time:
    The Crusaders used the tower and added it.
    Al-Ayyubi time:
    Salah al-Din turned it after liberation to a corner waqf by Jalal al-Din al-Shashi.
    The Mameluke Period:
    This corner of the Mameluke period was known as the Corner of al-KHettani, in relation to Sheikh Shams al-Din al-KHettani Where he lived.
    Present:
    -The Corner today occupies the library of the mosque (the library of Khutaniyah).
    Building the tower on the Gate did not prevent entry and exit from the south side of the mosque across the gate small in the corner was mentioned Ibn Fadlullah al-Omari 746 AH in his visit to the corner (he called Khanka Validity).
    -The gate remained open until the scary on corner from the Israeli occupation so the Gate closed.

  • Bab Al-Mufrad (The Single Gate)

    Landmark Location: 
    It is a closed southern entrance in the south-eastern part of the city wall and Al Aqsa Mosque.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     East South Dome of the Rock.

    Reason of the name:

    Named the eye Gate (old): because it leads to the eye of Silwan.
    Details of the shape:
    -It is a simple small Gate without decorations leading to the Marwani prayer, covered inside with a wooden mihrab after the restoration of the Marwani chapel in 1417 AH-1996 AD where only a part of the curve of the contract is visible.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    Other names: (sole, the eye Gate).

    The Gate in history:

    -It seems that the Gate opened in the Abbasid or Fatimid period.
    -Used by the Knights of the Temple during the Crusader occupation to enter their fortress to the Marwani Chapel they turned it into a stable and called Solomon’s stables.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Other names of the gate are Al-Waheed and Al-E’in.
    It’s a closed southern entrance in the southeastern part of the wall of Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque. It’s southeast of the Dome of the Rock. It’s a small gate with no decorations, and leads to Al-Marwani Prayer Hall. From the inside, it was covered with a wooden niche, after restoring Al-Marwani Prayer Hall in 1996 (1417 A.H.), and only part of the arch is visible.

    Long ago, it was called Bab Al-E’in (Spring Gate) because it led to Silwan Spring.
    It seems that the gate was opened during the Abbasid or the Fatimid eras. Also, it was used by the Knights Templar, just before the Crusader Occupation, to bring their horses in Al-Marwani Prayer Hall which they turned into a stable, and they called it Solomon’s Stables.

  • Bab Al-Janae’iz (Funerals’ Gate)

    Landmark Location: 
    Present at 15.8 m south of Bab al-Rahma (in the east).

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     At the east northern corner.

    Landmark History:

    From its stone shape, it seem that there built after the Umayyad but before the Fatimids.

    Reason of the name:

    This Gate used to remove the funerals from Al-Aqsa Mosque to the cemetery of Mercy adjacent to the eastern wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque, closed by order of Sultan Salah al-Din after the liberation of Jerusalem in 583 AH - 1187, to protect the mosque and the city from any possible invasion.

    Details of the shape:

    -Small Gate simple shape height 2.35 m and width 1.7 m.
    -It is said by the historian Mugir al-Din: “a nice Gate dead-end construction, which is opposite the stairs of the rock known Badr al-Buraq, said that this section is the Gate of Al-Buraq, from which the Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered at Al-Esra’a night, was called the Gate of funerals because there get out of it old).
    -This Gate seen from the cemetery of Bab al-Rahma and cannot be seen from inside the wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque where he was buried in the dirt that made to raise the level of the eastern part of the mosque (cultivated today With olives).
    -Note: there is no truth to the existence of the funeral Gate at right outside of Alasbat Gate (behind the iron dams), But that arc is not in force since the wall behind it is built with huge old stones, No evidence for the Gate presence, as no one ever said. 

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It’s a closed Gate height 2.35 and width 1.7 m, located at 15.8 south of Bab al-Rahma (in the east), at the east northern corner.
    There is no truth to the existence of the funeral Gate at right outside of Alasbat Gate (behind the iron dams), But that arc is not in force since the wall behind it is built with huge old stones, No evidence for the Gate presence, as no one ever said.

    This Gate used to remove the funerals from Al-Aqsa Mosque to the cemetery of Mercy adjacent to the eastern wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque, closed by order of Sultan Salah al-Din after the liberation of Jerusalem in 583 AH1187, to protect the mosque and the city from any possible invasion.

    It is said by the historian Mugir al-Din: “a nice Gate dead-end construction, which is opposite the stairs of the rock known Badr al-Buraq, said that this section is the Gate of Al-Buraq, from which the Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered at Al-Esra’a night, was called the Gate of funerals because there get out of it old).

    This Gate seen from the cemetery of Bab al-Rahma and cannot be seen from inside the wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque where he was buried in the dirt that made to raise the level of the eastern part of the mosque (cultivated today With olives).

  • Bab Al Tawba & Al Rahma

    Landmark Location:
     Located 200 meters south of the Asbat Gate in the eastern wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque present as a part of the eastern wall
    of the old town.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
     East Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    One of the oldest Gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque, where it dates back to the Umayyad period in terms of elements architectural and artistic.

    Reason of the name:

    On the authority of Abu al-Awam, the muezzin of Bayt al-Maqdis said: I heard Abdullah bin Amr ibn al-Aas say: It is The fence mentioned by God in the Qur'an (the day the hypocrites and the opponents say to those who believe see us quote from your light is said, Return behind you, and seek light, and strike Among them is a wall with an inner Gate where mercy is and the phenomenon before him torment) is the eastern wall; inside the mosque and the phenomenon of the Valley of Hell.

    Builder Name: 

    Said during the reign of Abdul Malik bin Marwan.

    Details of the shape:

    -Great closed Gate.
    -The height of 11.5 meter.
    -Walk down to him a long way from inside the maximum.
    -The Gate shall consist of two gates: Al Rhma to the south and Al Twba to the north.
    -Double Gate topped by two archways leading to a hall covered with contracts based on arches above huge Corinthian columns.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -Graveyard on both sides of the Gate from the outside in the name of the cemetery of Al Rahma (including my grave Sahaabeen Shaddad ibn Aws and Obada bin samet, may Allah be pleased with them).

    -The Christians believe about the Gate they believe that Jesus entered this Gate on Easter that Heraclius entered it of Jerusalem after his victory over the Persians, and they called it the Golden Gate, which is the wrong translation of his name in Greek, which means beautiful Gate.

    The Gate throughout the Ages:
    The Crusader Occupation:
    The Gate was opened twice only in memory of the entry of Jesus Hercules of the city (Feast of the Cross).
    Early Islamic Period:
    Use the building located inside the Gate on the side of the Al-Aqsa Mosque hall for prayer, according to the historian Mujir al-Din al-Hanbali, Imam al-Ghazali (may Allaah have mercy on him) in 489 AH (1.98 AD) worship in the Nasiriya school, which is higher than the Bab Al Rhma , and he was studying in Al-Aqsa Mosque and in his absence above Bab Al Rhma wrote part of his valuable book (revival of the sciences of religion).
    The modern era:
    The Islamic Heritage Committee has established the Gate and its floor, taken the place for religious activities within the mosque since 1992, the occupation authorities have suspended the Commission in 2003.

    The Zionist claim about the Gate:

    They claim that Bab Al Rhma and Al Twba is a Jewish heritage, and that it is considered one of the gates of the alleged temple.
    In the 1967 war, the Zionist war minister (Moshe Dayan) attempted to open the Gate but failed.
    An attempt made breaking it, which foiled in 2002 when a Zionist tried to open an adjacent tomb to the Gate from the outside, and dig a tunnel reach to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    When will the Gate close? And why?!
    First Opinion:
    The closure of the Gate by the Sultan Salah al-Din after the liberation of Jerusalem on 27-7-583 H / 2-10-1187AD  in order to protect the city and the mosque from any possible invasion, and perhaps the goal of Salah al din economic and not militarily by pushing Who wants to visit the Al-Aqsa Mosque to enter the gates of city leading to the markets, getting exchange and benefit rather than direct access to the mosque yet visit the graves of companions buried near the Gate ..
    Second opinion:
    Historians attribute the closure of the Ottoman Gate because of the legend among the people that was then the Frankest hey will return to occupy Jerusalem through this section.
    Third opinion:
    -The old Gate closed and it was in two stages.
    -In the early Islamic period (Abbasid or Fatimid), armored gates were closed lasting where it is inside the Gate to a chapel (for a religious purpose, which is the embodiment of the verse of Al-Hadid mentioned Formerly); where the Gate of the exits of the outside with iron sheets as a metaphor of the dark, while the interior of the shiny brass sheet is called light the Jerusalemite historian (379 AH-990M).
    -Closing the Gate to prevent the Valley of Hell from outside the Gate and the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the gates remained closed until then Ottoman period where it was decided to completely block the stone in an attempt to get rid of the rumor that the Franks will return from that Gate.
    As a result of analysis of historical accounts:
    The third opinion is the opinion closest to the right.
    Where the oldest mention of the Gate we discover the description of the traveler Nasir Khusrawa 438 AH / 1047 AD to Bab Al Rhma: “Once upon a time, they were a mosque, decorated with carpets, the vestibule (room The Gate) became a chapel after its carpet, and no longer, corridor leads, out of the mosque. But closing the Gate in the first stage like the Gate close to Nirvana (brother of the chain Gate), where it was the closure of the wooden Gate without the use of stones and testifies to that description Majir al-Din (900 AH /1495 CE) by saying: They are now illegal “That is, the wooden gates were offset, while he says about the old funeral Gate & quote; a cute brick Gate & quote; If Bab Al Rahma was blocked by building the time of the glorious religion to mention it.
    It is also common to say that Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi is the one who closes the Gate is a statement that has no evidence or proof The ancient historians did not say it, For example, Mujir al-Din al-Hanbali said that he was told by an old man the ancients that closed Bab Al Rahma and AL Tawba is the Khalifa Omar ibn al-KHettab!

    Important note:

    Between Majir al-Din and Salah al-Din less than 300 years, and if Salah adin is the one who closed them this came to the knowledge of those who told Mujair al-Din, but because the closure was too old the order was attributed to Khalifa Omar ibn al-KHettab (although this is not true).

    An Overview of the Landmark:

    It’s a great closed Gate, Located 200 meters south of the Asbat Gate in the eastern wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque present as a part of the eastern wall of the old town, east Dome of the Rock. It said during the reign of Abdul Malik bin Marwan. The height  of it 11.5 meter. Walk down to him a long way from inside the maximum. The Gate shall consist of two gates: Al Rhma to the south and Al Twba to the north. Double Gate topped by two archways leading to a hall covered with contracts based on arches above huge Corinthian columns.

    On the authority of Abu al-Awam, the muezzin of Bayt al-Maqdis said: I heard Abdullah bin Amr ibn al-Aas say: It is The fence mentioned by God in the Qur’an (the day the hypocrites and the opponents say to those who believe see us quote from your light is said, Return behind you, and seek light, and strike Among them is a wall with an inner Gate where mercy is and the phenomenon before him torment) is the eastern wall; inside the mosque and the phenomenon of the Valley of Hell.
    Graveyard on both sides of the Gate from the outside in the name of the cemetery of Al Rahma (including my grave Sahaabeen Shaddad ibn Aws and Obada bin samet, may Allah be pleased with them).
    -The Christians believe about the Gate they believe that Jesus entered this Gate on Easter that Heraclius entered it of Jerusalem after his victory over the Persians, and they called it the Golden Gate, which is the wrong translation of his name in Greek, which means beautiful Gate.

    The Gate throughout the Ages:
    The Crusader Occupation:
    The Gate was opened twice only in memory of the entry of Jesus Hercules of the city (Feast of the Cross).
    Early Islamic Period:
    Use the building located inside the Gate on the side of the Al-Aqsa Mosque hall for prayer, according to the historian Mujir al-Din al-Hanbali, Imam al-Ghazali (may Allaah have mercy on him) in 489 AH (1.98 AD) worship in the Nasiriya school, which is higher than the Bab Al Rhma , and he was studying in Al-Aqsa Mosque and in his absence above Bab Al Rhma wrote part of his valuable book (revival of the sciences of religion).
    The modern era:
    The Islamic Heritage Committee has established the Gate and its floor, taken the place for religious activities within the mosque since 1992, the occupation authorities have suspended the Commission in 2003.

    The Zionist claim about the Gate:

    They claim that Bab Al Rhma and Al Twba is a Jewish heritage, and that it is considered one of the gates of the alleged temple.
    In the 1967 war, the Zionist war minister (Moshe Dayan) attempted to open the Gate but failed.
    An attempt made breaking it, which foiled in 2002 when a Zionist tried to open an adjacent tomb to the Gate from the outside, and dig a tunnel reach to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    When will the Gate close? And why?!
    First Opinion:
    The closure of the Gate by the Sultan Salah al-Din after the liberation of Jerusalem on 27-7-583 H / 2-10-1187AD  in order to protect the city and the mosque from any possible invasion, and perhaps the goal of Salah al din economic and not militarily by pushing Who wants to visit the Al-Aqsa Mosque to enter the gates of city leading to the markets, getting exchange and benefit rather than direct access to the mosque yet visit the graves of companions buried near the Gate ..
    Second opinion:
    Historians attribute the closure of the Ottoman Gate because of the legend among the people that was then the Frankest hey will return to occupy Jerusalem through this section.
    Third opinion:
    -The old Gate closed and it was in two stages.
    -In the early Islamic period (Abbasid or Fatimid), armored gates were closed lasting where it is inside the Gate to a chapel (for a religious purpose, which is the embodiment of the verse of Al-Hadid mentioned Formerly); where the Gate of the exits of the outside with iron sheets as a metaphor of the dark, while the interior of the shiny brass sheet is called light the Jerusalemite historian (379 AH-990M).
    -Closing the Gate to prevent the Valley of Hell from outside the Gate and the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the gates remained closed until then Ottoman period where it was decided to completely block the stone in an attempt to get rid of the rumor that the Franks will return from that Gate.

    As a result of analysis of historical accounts:

    The third opinion is the opinion closest to the right.
    Where the oldest mention of the Gate we discover the description of the traveler Nasir Khusrawa 438 AH / 1047 AD to Bab Al Rhma: “Once upon a time, they were a mosque, decorated with carpets, the vestibule (room The Gate) became a chapel after its carpet, and no longer, corridor leads, out of the mosque. But closing the Gate in the first stage like the Gate close to Nirvana (brother of the chain Gate), where it was the closure of the wooden Gate without the use of stones and testifies to that description Majir al-Din (900 AH /1495 CE) by saying: They are now illegal “That is, the wooden gates were offset, while he says about the old funeral Gate &; a cute brick Gate & quote; If Bab Al Rahma was blocked by building the time of the glorious religion to mention it.
    It is also common to say that Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi is the one who closes the Gate is a statement that has no evidence or proof The ancient historians did not say it, For example, Mujir al-Din al-Hanbali said that he was told by an old man the ancients that closed Bab Al Rahma and AL Tawba is the Khalifa Omar ibn al-KHettab!
    Between Majir al-Din and Salah al-Din less than 300 years, and if Salah adin is the one who closed them this came to the knowledge of those who told Mujair al-Din, but because the closure was too old the order was attributed to Khalifa Omar ibn al-KHettab (although this is not true).

  • Bab Al ASBAT

    Landmark Location: 
    In the north-east corner of the mosque.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: 

    East North Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    Rebuilt at Ayyubid period in 610 AH-1213AD during the time of the great Jesus.

    Reason of the name:

    Relative to the sons of Jacob peace be upon him, and has another name is the Gate (St. Mary) to the proximity of The Church of St. Hanna, which according to Christian beliefs - the place of birth of Maryam Peace.

    Details of the shape:

    The entrance is arched, with 4 height.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -Restated with the construction of the minaret of the tribes of 778 AH_1367 AD.
    -Restored in the renovations carried out for the Al-Aqsa Mosque during the days of the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman Al Qanoni  944-1538 AD.
    -Since the Zionist occupiers closed the Mugrabi Gate in the Western Wall for the Muslims, this Gate considered the main entrance of the prayers, especially from outside Jerusalem, because it’s near to Bab Al Asbat that located inside the holy city; Buses comes from outside the city entered to the opened yard suitable for parking near the two Gates, There is also a station for the occupation police near this Gate to control who passes from and to Al-Aqsa, as well as to control all entrants to the old town from that side.
    This Gate is the only entrance for ambulances to the Al-Aqsa Mosque in emergency cases, because it is the widest Gates equal to the ground, where witnessed the departure of many of the wounded and martyrs, especially during the three massacres of Al-Aqsa.

    An Overview of the Landmark:

    It’s located  in the north-east corner of the mosque,  east North Dome of the Rock. It’s name relative to the sons of Jacob peace be upon him, and has another name is the Gate (St. Mary) to the proximity of The Church of St. Hanna, which according to Christian beliefs – the place of birth of Maryam Peace.
    It was rebuilt at Ayyubid period in 610 AH-1213AD during the time of the great Jesus, restated with the construction of the minaret of the tribes of 778 AH_1367 AD, and restored in the renovations carried out for the Al-Aqsa Mosque during the days of the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman Al Qanoni  944-1538 AD.
    Since the Zionist occupiers closed the Mugrabi Gate in the Western Wall for the Muslims, this Gate considered the main entrance of the prayers, especially from outside Jerusalem, because it’s near to Bab Al Asbat that located inside the holy city; Buses comes from outside the city entered to the opened yard suitable for parking near the two Gates, There is also a station for the occupation police near this Gate to control who passes from and to Al-Aqsa, as well as to control all entrants to the old town from that side.
    This Gate is the only entrance for ambulances to the Al-Aqsa Mosque in emergency cases, because it is the widest Gates equal to the ground, where witnessed the departure of many of the wounded and martyrs, especially during the three massacres of Al-Aqsa.

  • Hettah Gate

    Landmark Location:
    Located in the northern gallery about 120 m from Bab Al Asbat.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
    At the north of Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    -Renewed the Gate in 617 AH_1220 AD in the days of the Ayyubids. -Renewed at the days of Ottomans in 989 AH-1581 AD. -Renewed by Hassan Agha in 1231 AH-1816 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    Named for the memory of the verse (.. And enter the Gate prostrate and say a plan to forgive you your sins and we will
    increase the benefactors).

    Builder Name:

    Does not known who build it.

    Details of the shape:

    -This Gate is a simple building, textured workmanship, rectangular entrance, and overhead set of ties The stone, once used to hang the Lamps.

    -Feel the Gate verse inside the mosque descends stairs and limits to the right and north of the two areas they have niches to pray and to get out of the Gate must climb several degrees; the verse is subject to bowing, and then Prayer need two kneeling at the combatants on top of the mastaba.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -According to the book of the Holy Jerusalem to the living Al-Danif, the entrance to the mosque in the period the Ottoman was across the Gate of Hetta.

    -The Ayyubid renewal shows their use of some Crusader stones with stone seals In Latin.

    -Hetta Gate opens to an Arab Islamic neighborhood in Jerusalem called ” al Harat Al Sa’adia” which is one of three dors only the Al-Aqsa Mosque allows the occupiers to open the prayers of Al Maghreb, Al Eshaa and Al Fajer, unlike the rest of the Gates are closed during these prayers.

    -Constant attacks by the occupiers, most notably preventing worshipers from passing through it, especially when the Israeli occupation forces prevent the entry of those under the age of 40 years to the Aqsa. It is the only Gate open during Fajr prayer from the north side, and where such a ban is in force Starting from the time of the Fajr prayer, large numbers of Israeli soldiers are stationed at it to carry out an order prevention, there are many clashes with dozens of young worshipers banned from entering the Al AQSA.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Hitta Gate is located in the Northern gallery, about 120 meters away from Al-Asbat Gate, north of the Dome of the Rock. Its name has come from the holy verse (58) of Surat Al-Baqara: “and enter the gate bowing humbly and say: ‘relieve us of our burdens’ (Hettatun). We will [then] forgive your sins for you, and We will increase the doers of good [in goodness and reward]”. From inside the mosque, there are stairs. It is surrounded, from the right and lift sides, with two terraces that include niches for praying. To go out from the gate, many stairs need to be climbed; which is a manifestation of the verse that includes humbleness, and then performing a two-Rak’a prayer near the niches. It is simple, well-built, with a rectangular entrance. It’s topped by a set of stone hangers, that were previously used to hang lamps.

    The gate was restored in 1220 (617 A.H.), during the Ayyubid time. It appears that they used some Crusade stones that has the seals of some stonecutters. Then, it was restored during the Ottoman era, in 1581 (989 A.H.). finally, it was restored by Hasan Agha in 1816 (1231 A.H.)
    According to “Manasik Al-Quds Ash-Shareef” book for Yahya Ad-danaf, in the Ottoman era, people used to enter Al-Aqsa Mosque through Hitta Gate.

    This gate opens to As-Sa’diya Quarter, which is an Arab Islamic quarter in Jerusalem. It’s one of only three gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque that the occupiers allow to be opened for Al-Maghrib, Al-I’sha’a, and Al-Fajr prayers. Unlike the other gates that are closed during these prayers.

    This gate is frequently subject to the occupation’s attacks. Some of the most prominent forms of aggression is that they prevent worshippers from passing through it, especially when the occupation’s forces declare that no one under the age of shall enter the mosque. Since it’s the only open gate during Al-Fajr prayer on the northern side, and so the prevention takes effect starting Al-Fajr time, enormous numbers of the soldiers are stationed in front of it, to implement the prevention order. Therefore, a lot of clashes between the soldiers and tens of young worshippers who are prevented from entering Al-Aqsa mosque.

  • AlA’tm Gate (the Gate of Darkness)

    Landmark Location:
    Far 30 meters from the west of Bab al-Hetta in the north.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
    At the North of Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    Renewed the Gate with the renovation of the gallery in the Ayyubid period, specifically to the reign of King Issa the year 610 AH - 1213 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    -The Gate of the honor of the prophets in the honor of the prophets next to him in that era. -Called the Gate of King Faisal bin Hussein bin Ali, the King of Iraq, which entered the Al-Aqsa Mosque in 1352 AH-1933, called by the Supreme Islamic Council of this name, in memory of his donation to the architecture Al Aqsa Mosque. -The people of Jerusalem know him by the Gate of Darkness because its entrance from the outside is dark.

    Details of the shape:
    -The entrance is rectangular with 4 meters height.
    -An old Gate that shows the size of the stones and the pattern of construction mentioned by the historian of Jerusalem in 379 AH – 990 M in the name of the Gates of the Hashemite where it had three entrances.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Al-A’tm Gate has a rectangular entrance with a height of 4 meters. It’s west of the northern Hitta gate, 30 meters away. The gate is north of the Dome of the Rock. It was restored during the Ayyubid time, when restoring the gallery, specifically during the time of King Issa in 1213 (610 QA.H.).
    It has had many names, each one of them has a reason.

    It was called Sharaf Al-Anbiya’a Gate, after Sharaf Al-Anbiya’a Quarter that was right next to it. Also, it was called Ad-Dawoodiyya Gate in the Mamluk era, after Ad-Dawoodiyya School that was established in 1295 (694 A.H.). this school is north of the gate from the inside. It’s known for the people of Jerusalem as Al’Atm gate, because the outer side of it is dark. When King Faisal bin Hussein bin Ali, the king of Iraq at that time, he was invited to enter Al-Aqsa Mosque through it in 1933 (1352 A.H). The Supreme Islamic Council called it so, to commemorate his donation to the restoration of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
    It's an old gate, and that’s is clear from the size of its stones and its architectural style. In 990 (379 A.H.), a Jerusalemite historian called it “the Gates of the Hashemites”, since it had 3 entrances.

  • Bab al-Ghwanma

    Landmark Location:
    Located on the northwest corner above a rocky hill, the first Gate on the west side of the North.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
    Northwest Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    -This Gate was repaired in the Mamluk period, specifically in 707 AH-1307 days of Sultan Muhammad Ben Qalawun during the construction of the western gallery of the mosque. -It was restored by the Islamic Endowments Department because of the burning of the settlers in 1998.

    Reason of the name:

    Other names: (Bab al-Khalil, Bab Bani Ghanem, Bab al-Walid) -Related the sons of Ghanem who came with the liberation of righteousness and established their neighborhood near the Gate and inherited the sheikh of Al-Aqsa Mosque and their grandfather was Ghanim bin Ali, the first to take the sheikh of the HaramAl - Maqdisi ordered by Salah al - Din al - Ayyubi. -Called the Gate of Hebron (perhaps this name relative to Khalil Ibrahim (peace be upon him) of the Gate Honor only). -Known as the Gate of Al Waleed relative to the newborn bin Abdul Malik

    Builder Name:
    It is reported that the caliph al-Walid ibn Abd al-Malik put an end to the northern mosque at this place.

    Details of the shape:

    -The Gate is relatively small, its entrance is rectangular.
    -Next to this Gate ends the western tunnel that runs along the western wall of the mosque Al-Aqsa, and tunnel excavations led to collapses in the corridor of the Gate from the outside in general 1416 H – 1996 M.

    Jewish beliefs regarding the Gate:
    -Some Jews have particular beliefs about Bab al-Guanamah, and this may explain the many attacks that have occurred they were expose.
    -On 11/4/1982, entered the Zionist soldier Harry Goldman, and carried out an armed operation in the Dome of The Rock (located in the middle of Al-Aqsa Mosque); Killing two Palestinians and injuring more than 60 others.

    -In June 1998, a Jewish settler burned him and was immediately repaired by the Islamic Al Awqaf Department in Jerusalem, which is part of the Jordanian Ministry of Awqaf, and is responsible for managing the internal affairs of al-Aqsa Mubarak, for fear of opening a gap for the extremists to break into the maximum.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It’s a small Gate, with a rectangular entrance, next to this Gate ends the western tunnel that runs along the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Tunnel excavations led to collapses in the corridor of the Gate from the outside in general 1416 H – 1996 M. It is located on the northwest corner above a rocky hill, the first Gate on the west side of the north, northwest of the Dome of the Rock.

    Other names:
    (Bab al-Khalil, Bab Bani Ghanem, Bab al-Walid), Related the sons of Ghanem who came with the liberation of righteousness and established their neighborhood near the Gate and inherited the sheikh of Al-Aqsa Mosque and their grandfather was Ghanim bin Ali, the first to take the sheikh of the HaramAl – Maqdisi ordered by Salah al – Din al – Ayyubi. Called the Gate of Hebron (perhaps this name relative to Khalil Ibrahim (peace be upon him) of the Gate Honor only). Known as the Gate of Al Waleed relative to the newborn bin Abdul Malik.

    This Gate was repaired in the Mamluk period, specifically in 707 AH-1307 days of Sultan Muhammad Ben Qalawun during the construction of the western gallery of the mosque. It was restored by the Islamic Endowments Department because of the burning of the settlers in 1998.

    Jewish beliefs regarding the Gate:
    Some Jews have particular beliefs about Bab al-Guanamah, and this may explain the many attacks that have occurred they were expose. On 11/4/1982, entered the Zionist soldier Harry Goldman, and carried out an armed operation in the Dome of The Rock (located in the middle of Al-Aqsa Mosque); Killing two Palestinians and injuring more than 60 others.
    In June 1998, a Jewish settler burned him and was immediately repaired by the Islamic Al Awqaf Department in Jerusalem, which is part of the Jordanian Ministry of Awqaf, and is responsible for managing the internal affairs of al-Aqsa Mubarak, for fear of opening a gap for the extremists to break into the maximum.

  • Bab Al-Nathir

    Landmark Location:
    On the west side.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
    At the West of Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    Old Gate, renewed in time of King Issa of Bani Ayoub in the 600.

    Reason of the name:
    Other names: (Bab Mikael, Bab al-Imbar, Bab al-Rabat al-Mansouri, Bab al-Majlis, Bab Al Ntheer). -Bab al-Nathir : because he sits in it to consider the interests and meaning of the sight is the head of the mosques Aqsa and Brahimi, and buried outside the most famous sight of the mosque Ala al-Din al-Basir, who was watching in the time of Al Thaher Baybars and Mansur Qalawun. -Bab Al-Rabat Al-Mansouri: attributed to Al-Mansouri Gate next to the Gate. -The Gate of confinement: because it was converted into a prison in the Ottoman period and then became a residence for the African community who in the late Ottoman period, their ancestors became known as the guardians of the mosque. -Gate of the Council: Where is located above the school Almnjkia which was the seat of the Supreme Islamic Council, in the era of British occupation, before becoming the headquarters of the Islamic Al Awqaf Department in Jerusalem now. -Bab Alaeddin Al Busairi: The name of Bab al-Din al-Busairi was taken to the vicinity of Al-Din al-Busairi, which is located outside it in which the Mamluk Prince Alaeddin Al-Busairi (may God have mercy on him).

    Details of the shape:

    Large rectangular Gate with 4.5 m height.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -The second Gate of the western fence of Al-Aqsa Mosque on the north side after the Gate of the Guanma.
    -It is one of the three Gates that the occupation allows to open during the Al Fajer and Al Eshaa prayers: Bab Hetta, Bab al-Nathir and Bab Salis.

    Bab al-Nathir in the modern era:
    -Bab al-Nader attended the first funeral of one of the martyrs of the third al-Aqsa massacre (Al-Aqsa Intifada) to pray on, in Al-Aqsa Mosque on 29/9/2000 AD,
    the martyr (Osama Jeddah) / 20 year-old resident of the neighborhood of the African community outside it (the descendants of the African Mujahideen who came to liberate Jerusalem from the Crusaders, and lived near the Aqsa at this Gate).
    -The Gate also exposed to several attempts by the Zionist occupiers to close it after many clashes with the warm people aand Jerusalem in general.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    An-Nathir Gate has many names, including “Michael”, “Al-Habs”, “Ar-Ribat Al-Mansouri”, “Al-Majlis”, and “An-Nathir”. It’s a big rectangular gate, with a height of 4.5 meters. It’s the second gate in the Western wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque northwards, after Al-Ghawanma gate. It’s one of three gates that the occupation allows to be open during Al-Fajr and Al-Isha’a prayers. These three gates are Hitta, An-Nathir, and As-Silsila. It’s an old gate that was restored during the time of King Issa.

    It has other names. It was called Bab al-Nathir because he sits in it to consider the interests and meaning of the sight is the head of the mosques Aqsa and Brahimi, and buried outside the most famous sight of the mosque Ala al-Din al-Basir, who was watching in the time of Al Thaher Baybars and Mansur Qalawun. Also, it was called Bab Al-Rabat Al-Mansouri; after Al-Mansouri Gate next to the Gate. Moreover, it was called the Gate of confinement (Al-Habs). This naming came from the fact that it was turned into a prison in the Ottoman period and then became a residence for the African community who in the late Ottoman period, their ancestors became known as the guardians of the mosque. Another name for An-Nathir Gate is Al-Majlis (the Council), since it is located above the school Almnjkia which was the seat of the Supreme Islamic Council, in the era of British occupation, before becoming the headquarters of the Islamic Al Awqaf Department in Jerusalem now. People also called it Bab Alaeddin Al Busairi. This naming was taken to the vicinity of Al-Din al-Busairi, which is located outside it in which the Mamluk Prince Alaeddin Al-Busairi (may God have mercy on him).

    Bab al-Nathir  in the modern era:
    Bab al-Nader attended the first funeral of one of the martyrs of the third al-Aqsa massacre (Al-Aqsa Intifada) to pray on, in Al-Aqsa Mosque on 29/9/2000 AD,
    the martyr (Osama Jeddah) / 20 year-old resident of the neighborhood of the African community outside it (the descendants of the African Mujahideen who came to liberate Jerusalem from the Crusaders, and lived near the Aqsa at this Gate).
    -The Gate also exposed to several attempts by the Zionist occupiers to close it after many clashes with the warm people and Jerusalem in general.

  • Bab Al-Hadid (Iron Gate)

    Landmark Location:
     On the western side, specifically in the western corridor of Al-
    Aqsa Mosque, between my Gate Nazer and Qattanin.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: 

    West Dome of the Rock.

    Reason of the name:
    Other name: (Bab Dar Umm Khaled) -Causes for its name: Does not know why it is called the Iron Gate, some says that the reason is that the Mamluk Prince Arjun Kamali was renew and that the meaning of Argun in Turkish iron is a wrong statement has no origin and has said this saying the Maqdese historian Aref al-Aref, 1973 AD , and this had been puplished in the books of the mosque guides Al Aqsa without investigation or scrutiny. Proof that the saying is wrong: Arjun al-Kamali settled in Jerusalem until his death (758 AH-1357 AD) and buried in his school of the Argonne by gluing the iron Gate from outside. Before settling in Jerusalem, he visited the traveler's city Ibn Fadl Umari (745AH- 1345 AD) and described the Gate and described the mention of the iron Gate, that is, the Gate was called The iron Gate before Argun. -Cause of naming it Bab Dar Om Khalid name: It can be assumed that the name of the Gate in the early Islamic period Bab Bab Dar Umm Khalid by Ibn al-Faqih 290 H-903 M and Maqdisi al-Bishari.

    Details of the shape:

    -A simple building without decorations, climbing several degrees from outside.
    -The entrance rectangular and length is about 3 meters and two meters wide and the width of the Gate contract as a rest Contracts of the western gallery.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -Features adjacent to the Gate:
    From the south side of the iron Gate, attached to the Argonne school.
    From the northern side is attached to a link called “Ribat al-Kurd”, next to the wall of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    Jews and the Gate:

    Claiming that the wall of the Rabat contains large stones dating back to the era of their alleged temple, and narrowing the settlers and the Zionist soldiers who come on this wall on the entrances to the Al Aqsa of the Gate Iron, which threatens the fate of Bab Al Magharba next to the wall of Al-Buraq (which is called the Zionists on it the name of the “Wailing Wall”), which has been closed to Muslims since the occupiers seized the wall.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It’s a simple building without decorations, can be reached by climbing several stairs outside. The entrance is rectangular and it is about 3 meters long and two meters wide and the width of the Gate pillars is the same of the rest of the pillars in the western gallery. It is right to the west of the Western Gallery of Al-Aqsa Mosque, between An-Nathir and Al-Qatanin gates, west of the Dome of the Rock.

    Its Names:
    Nobody knows why it is called the Iron Gate, some say that the reason is that the Mamluk Prince Arjun Kamali renewed it and that the meaning of the word “Argon” in Turkish is iron. This is not true, as the Jerusalemite historin, A’rif Al-A’arif said in 1973, and this had been puplished in the books of the mosque guides Al Aqsa without investigation or scrutiny.

    An Evidence on that this saying is wrong:
    Arjun al-Kamali settled in Jerusalem until his death (758 AH-1357 AD) and buried in his school of the Argonne by gluing the iron Gate from outside. Before settling in Jerusalem, he visited the traveler's city Ibn Fadl Umari (745AH- 1345 AD) and described the Gate and described the mention of the iron Gate, that is, the Gate was called The iron Gate before Argon.

    Calling it the Gate of Dar Um Khalid:
    It can be assumed that the name of the Gate is in the early Islamic period. Bab Bab Dar Umm Khalid by Ibn al-Faqih 290 H-903 M and Maqdisi al-Bishari.

    Landmarks Next to the Gate:
    From the south side of the Iron Gate, right next to the Argon school. On its northern is a Ribat called "Ribat al-Kurd", next to the wall of the blessed Aqsa Mosque.

    Jews and the Gate:
    It is claimed that the wall of Ar-Ribat contains large stones dating back to the era of their alleged temple, and narrowing the settlers and the Zionist soldiers who come on this wall on the entrances to the Al Aqsa of the Gate Iron, which threatens the fate of Bab Al Magharba next to the wall of Al-Buraq (which is called the Zionists on it the name of the "Wailing Wall"), which has been closed to Muslims since the occupiers seized the wall.

  • Bab al-Qattanin

    Landmark Location:
     The middle of the western wall between the iron gate to the north and the Gate of the disinfectant to the south.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     West Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    Renewed in 737 AH -1336 AD

    Reason of the name:

    (the new Gate, Bab al-Qaysariya means the market and the market is meant Qattanin). -It is called the Qataneen market, which is located outside, where it was the most important markets of the city in time Mamluks.

    Details of the shape:

    -Attends him to degrees of the market Qtanin.
    -Gate-mounted arches built of stones in white, black and red colors and at the top of the dome Gate a beautiful half-shaped, with exquisite daisies hanging from it.
    -There is a written bar (much of it faded).
    -The wooden gate of the Gate has copper ribbons engraved with the name of Sultan Mohammed and Prince Tnkz.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -The Supreme Islamic Council restored it after the earthquake in 1345 AH- 1927 AD, where it hit the western wall was badly damaged, and the engineers removed the buildings built above the Gate of reverence Beauty and avoid collapse.

    Landmark adjacent to the Gate:

    -To the north of this section, the school is located or the soil is cotton.
    -To the south of Bab al-Qattanin, there is a temporal link.

    Gate at the moment:

    The Qatanin Gate is located in a sensitive area that the Jews seek to control, where they have established outposts for the settlers who are trying to terrorize Muslims to leave this place, and the market is nearby Qatanin one The remaining evidence of the arrogance of the occupation, after the failure of his attempts to destroy the market and occupation, turned to imposing heavy taxes on traders, forcing most of them to close his shop and carry his goods on a cart in front of him to sell them.

    An Overview of the Landmark:

    Other names: (the new Gate, Bab al-Qaysariya means the market and the market mean Qattanin market). It called the Qataneen market, which is located outside, where it was the most important markets of the city in time Mamelukes. The middle of the western wall between the Iron Gate to the north and Almutaharra Gate in south. Present at the West of the Dome of the Rock. It is noteworthy that Prince Tnkz Nasseri renewed this Gate by order of Sultan Mohammed bin Qalawun.
     Renewed in 737 AH -1336 AD. Attends it by degrees from the market Qattanin.
    Gate-mounted arches built of stones in white, black and red colors and at the top of the dome Gate a beautiful half-shaped, with exquisite daisies hanging from it.
    There is a written bar (much of it faded). The wooden gate of the Gate has copper ribbons engraved with the name of Sultan Mohammed and Prince Tnkz.
     The Supreme Islamic Council restored it after the earthquake in 1345 AH- 1927 AD, where it hit the western wall was badly damaged, and the engineers removed the buildings built above the Gate of reverence beauty and avoid collapse.

    Landmark adjacent to the Gate:

    The school or Khatoonie soil is located at the north of this Gate.
    To the south of Bab al-Qattanin, there is Alrebat azzamani.

    Gate now:

    The Qattanin Gate is located in a sensitive area that the Jews seek to control, where they have established outposts for the settlers who are trying to terrorize Muslims to leave this place, and the market is nearby Qattanin one of the remaining evidence of the arrogance of the occupation, after the failure of his attempts to destroy the market and occupation, turned to imposing heavy taxes on traders, forcing most of them to close the shop and carry his goods on a wogan to sell goods.

  • Bab al-Mat-harah

    Landmark Location: 
    South of Bab al-Qattanin two points away from the Western Wall.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: 

    West Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:

    -This Gate was renewed during the reign of Prince Alaa Al-Din Al-Basir in 666 AH - 1261 AD. -The Department of Islamic Al Awqaf in Jerusalem restored the Al-Mutahr again in 1981, added other Al-Mutahhra to it in 2010 with modern places for ablutions.

    Reason of the name:

    Called Bab al- Seqaia, bab al-Mat-harah or Al-Mutawada’a: Because it leads to an antiseptic (the place of ablution that leads to it outside the Al Aqsa) and is located 20 meters away From it.

    Builder Name:

     Built by the Sultan Abu Bakr ibn Ayyub after the construction of Seqaia (al-Mat-harah).

    Details of the shape:

    -The entrance of the Gate rectangular with 3.5 meters height, with a simple building.
    -Does not lead to outside Al-Aqsa Mosque, no way to the streets of the Old City, but to Al-Mat-harah twenty meters away.
    -Along the road leading to Almutaharra, Jerusalemite families live in historic buildings such as Rabat Al Zamani, Ottoman school and other buildings.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    The Gate and the danger of occupation:
    Due to the location of Bab al-Mutahhra closest to the Dome of the Rock (located in the middle of Al-Aqsa Mosque Mubarak), it was faces multiple Zionist attacks, the most important tunnel opened by a branch of the tunnel extends along the western wall of al-Aqsa (the Zionists call it the tunnel name (Hashmonaim)). And this tunnel the sub-section extends under Bab al-Mat-harah until it reaches the foundations of the Dome of the Rock (in the heart). Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Jews call it: “Tunnel of the Holy of Holies” mean the Tunnel of the Sacred Rock Considered the holiest spot they have. In addition, hundreds of them enter daily to pray under the yards of Al-Aqsa Mosque blessed.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Other names for the gate are Bab Al-Mutawada’a and Bab al- Siqaya. It was built by Sultan Abu Bakr bin Ayyub, after the construction of Seqaia (al-Mat-harah). It was named after the fact that it leads to the ablution site that is 20 meters away from it. The gate is located south Al-Qatanin gate, after two pillars in the Western Wall, i.e. west of the Dome of the Rock. The entrance of the gate is rectangular with 3.5 meters’ height, with a simple building. The gate does not lead outside of Al-Aqsa Mosque, or the streets of the Old City, but to the ablution site that is 20 meters away. Along this road are Jerusalemite families who live in historic buildings, like Ar-Ribat Az-Zamani, the Ottoman School, and other buildings. This Gate was restored during the reign of Prince Alaa Al-Din Al-Basir in 666 AH - 1261 AD. The Department of Islamic Al Awqaf in Jerusalem restored the Al-Mutahr again in 1981, added other Al-Mutahhra to it in 2010 with modern places for ablutions.

    The Gate and the Threat of the Occupation:
    Due to the location of Bab al-Mutahhra closest to the Dome of the Rock (located in the middle of Al-Aqsa Mosque Mubarak), it was faces multiple Zionist attacks, the most important tunnel opened by a branch of the tunnel extends along the western wall of al-Aqsa (the Zionists call it the tunnel name (Hashmonaim)). This tunnel the sub-section extends under Bab al-Mat-harah until it reaches the foundations of the Dome of the Rock (in the heart). Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Jews call it: "Tunnel of the Holy of Holies" mean the Tunnel of the Sacred Rock

    Considered the holiest spot they have. In addition, hundreds of them enter daily to pray under the yards of Al-Aqsa Mosque blessed.

  • Bab Al-Selselah (The Chain Gate)

    Landmark Location:
     Located in the western corridor between the school Ashrafieh north and the school of disguise south under the minaret of the chain and its proximity to the north is a closed Gate called the Gate of tranquility or peace.

    Landmark History:

    -Some Western historians claim that the current section of the building of the Crusaders because of the existence the Crusader statues on its outer wall, but with a closer look at these remains indicate that the Ayyubids reused it, in the terms of asymmetry and congruence between the statue. -It renewed in the Ayyubids period before 595 AH-1199 AD during the reign of King Issa.

    Reason of the name:

    Called Bab Dawood: Because there is a road directly to Jerusalem castle, which Muslims have known as the mihrab of David, despite built long after prophet David peace be upon him.

    Details of the shape:

    -The rectangular Gate with height of 4.5 m and is one of the three Gates that open to worshipers in Fajr prayer and Al Ishaa  since 1967.
    -The Gate is located on Umm al-Banat Bridge, which was built over the Wadi al-Tawahin line, one of the most famous valleys of the town old and below this bridge is the entrance of the tunnel, which runs along the western wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque, Note that the tunnel is old before the Israeli occupation, which worked on its expansion and digging new tunnels branching out. Moreover, used it to brainwash visitors with regard to the alleged structure.
    -There is a small opening for one person if closed.
    -Has two entranceways: the first is northern gate called Al Sakena, which is closed, just opened for necessity, the second south called the Chain Gate, it always is open.
    -To the right of the inside of this Gate from the outside is the entrance to the school disguised by the occupation In 1969 and turned it into a police station.
    -It is one of the three Gates of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque, which opens only to worshipers to perform my prayer Al Ishaa and Fajer in Al-Aqsa Mosque since the Zionist occupation in 1967.

    The Gate and the danger of occupation:

    Like the other Gates of the Western Wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, it feared that excavations would affect Al selsela Gate.
    Moreover, the Zionist tunnels built under it, most notably the tunnel “Hashmonaim”; Which runs along the length of the fence, It is also is at risk of being closed by the occupation authorities, such as iron and al Qatanin Gates, especially that became the closest Gate to Muslims to the tribal mosque (the main prayer in the Al-Aqsa Mosque  Al-Mubarak) after the occupiers closed the Magareba Gate and made it a non-Muslim minority, Closest to the wall of the occupied Buraq (which they call the Wailing Wall).

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Other names for the gate are Dawood and Al-Jameel. It’s a rectangular gate with a height of 4.5 m, and is one of the three gates that have been opened during the time of Fajr Isha’a prayers since 1967. It is on Umm al-Banat Bridge, which was built over Wadi al-Tawahin line, one of the most famous valleys of the Old Town and below this bridge is the entrance of the tunnel, which runs along the western wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque. Note that the tunnel is there before the Israeli occupation, which worked on its expansion and digging new tunnels branching out.

    Moreover, used it to brainwash visitors with regard to the alleged structure. It has two entrances; the north is called Bab As-Sakeenah, and is locked and is opened only when necessary, and the south which is called Bab As-Silsila, and is open. There is a small opening for one person if this entrance is closed. It’s one of 3 gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque that have been open for the worshippers during the time of Fajr and I’sha’a prayers since the Zionist Occupation in 1967.

    It was called Dawood Gate because there is a road that connects it directly with Al-Quds Castle that Muslims called Mihrab Dawood, although it was built way after the time of Prophet Dawood (David). It’s located in the Western Gallery between Al-Ashrafiyyah School north and At-Tankiziya School south, under As-Silsila Minaret. Next to it, from the north, is a closed gate that is called Bab As-Sakeenah or As-Salam. Some historians claim that the current gate has been built by the Crusaders, because of the Crusade statues on its external wall. After a hard look to the remnants of them, it’s obvious that the Ayyubids reused them, because of the asymmetric shapes of the statues. The gate was restored in the Ayyubid era, in 1199 (595 A.H.), during the time of King Issa the Great. Behind the gate is the entrance of At-Tankiziyya School that was confiscated by the occupation in 1969 and turned into a police station.

    The Gate and the Threat of the Occupation:
    Like the other Gates of the Western Wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, it feared that excavations would affect Al selsela Gate 
    Moreover, the Zionist tunnels built under it, most notably the tunnel "Hashmonaim"; Which runs along the length of the fence, It is also is at risk of being closed by the occupation authorities, such as iron and al Qatanin Gates, especially that became the closest Gate to Muslims to the tribal mosque (the main prayer in the Al-Aqsa Mosque  Al-Mubarak) after the occupiers closed the Magareba Gate and made it a non-Muslim minority, Closest to the wall of the occupied Buraq (which they call the Wailing Wall).

  • Bab Almagariba

    Landmark Location: 
    The last Gates of the mosque from the west.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     Southwest Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    Rebuilt during the Mameluke period under the reign of Sultan al-Nasir Muhammad ibn Qalawun in 713AH-1313 AD during the renovation of the gallery from the Gate of the chain to the Gate of the Moroccans.

    Reason of the name:

    -Called bab Almagariba attributed to Almagariba mosque of located at south of it and Almagariba neighborhood, which was leading where they were removed by the occupation forces in 1967 and converted to the arena of prayer for the Jews it was called the Wailing Square. -It is noteworthy that the Moroccan Muslims were famous for their extreme struggle with Salahaddin so he did by housing them on the western side of the mosque in order to re-Islamize the city, and then his best son Ali stopped Neighborhood of the Moroccan community and established a school known as the al Alafdalia school, but demolished with the neighborhood.

    Builder Name:

     This Gate built after the establishment of the Moroccan neighborhood with the liberation of Al-Salahi, where it dispensed with Bab al-Buraq, which closed.

    Details of the shape:

    -Introduced arched.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -The Gate and the danger of occupation:
    The occupation authorities seized the key to this section and prevented Muslims from entering through it while it is open to foreign tourists, Jewish settlers and the Israeli occupation police to storm the mosque and attack them of the Almoravids.
    -Outside the Gate of the Moroccan occupation authorities demolished the hill of Moroccans in 2012 in preparation for the construction of a bridge of cement or iron facilitates Israeli incursions and facilitates the entry of mechanisms to implement demolition plans Mosque and building the temple place of the Aqsa Mosque, God forbid.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It’s the nearest open gate to Al-Qibli Mosque.
    The last Gates of the mosque from the west, southwest Dome of the Rock. It’s the nearest open gate to Al-Qibli Mosque. This gate was built with arched entrance, after establishing Al-Maghariba Quarter with Saladin’s liberation of the city. They did without Al-Buraq Gate and closed it. It was reconstructed in the Mamluk era, during the time of Sultan An-Nasir bin Qalawoun, in 1313 (713 A.H.), while restoring the gallery between As-Silsila and Al-Maghariba gates.

    Bab Almagariba was named after Almagariba mosque, located south of it and Almagariba Quarter, which was leading where they were removed by the occupation forces in 1967 and converted to the arena of prayer for the Jews it was called the Wailing Square. It is noteworthy that the Moroccan Muslims were famous for being extremely strong soldiers fighting with Salahaddin, so he made them reside in the western side of the mosque in order to re-Islamize the city, and then his son Al-Afdal Ali made the quarter as Waqf for the Moroccan community and established a school known as the al Alafdalia school, but demolished with the quarter.

    The Gate and the Threat of the Occupation:
    The occupation authorities seized the key to this section and prevented Muslims from entering through it while it is open to foreign tourists, Jewish settlers and the Israeli occupation police to storm the mosque and attack them of the Murabiteen. Outside the Gate of the Moroccan occupation authorities demolished the hill of Moroccans in 2012 in preparation for the construction of a bridge of cement or iron facilitates Israeli incursions and facilitates the entry of mechanisms to implement demolition plans Mosque and building the temple place of the Aqsa Mosque, God forbid.

  • Al-Bab Al-Thulathi (The Triple Gate) /The Gate of Mary’s Mihrab

    Landmark Location: 
    In the southern wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque wall.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: 

    East South Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    At al Umayyad time most probably during the reign of Abdul Malik bin Marwan.

    Reason of the name:

    In the past, it was named “the triple Gate” because it consists of three gates.

    Builder Name:

     The Umayyad (Abdul Malik bin Marwan).

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    -These gates served the Islamic neighborhoods located south of the mosque where the gates were 3 times long (similar to the Double Gate corridors) under the level of the mosque leads to its yards.

    Closing the Gate:
    There is a common saying the Gate closed after Salahaddin liberation, and has circulated information about all closed Gates, However, there is no historical evidence to support this Saying.

    Proof of inaccuracy:

     -At the hadith of Ibn al-‘Umari about the Marwani chapel in 755 AH-1354 AD mentioned the opened Gates which was leading to the area of ​​Silwan and was intended triple Gate in 746 AH1345 AD.
    -The Marwani chapel was reached until the year 900 AH1495 AD from outside the wall, from the triple or single Gate as indicated by Hanbali.
    -During excavations in the Umayyad region, the wall of Ayyubi revealed in front of the closed gates indicates that the Ayyubies protected the gates by building a wall in front of them, but not closing them as believed, It is more likely that the triple and single Gates Completely closed after the rebuilding of the wall at the time of Sultan Suleiman at the beginning of the Ottoman period.

    -After the Zionist occupation of Jerusalem in 1967 AD:
    -Following the failure of Jewish excavations in the area of ​​the Umayyad palaces south of the Al-Aqsa Mosque to proving any right to the Jews, they claimed that the triple Gate (as well as the Double Gate) one of their claimed Temple  and called them the “Gate of Khaldah”, claiming that they discovered the remains of a staircase from the second temple, leading to them, took it as an excuse to build a stone staircase along part of the barrier south of Al-Aqsa, and specifically in the area between the triple and Double Gates. 
    -The Muslims were alerted to that the attempt aimed at capturing the Marwani chapel and the old Aqsa Mosque and turning them into Synagogue to find a place for the Jews within Al-Aqsa Mosque, but thanks to God that the Muslims were able to reduce that danger through the work of restoration of the worshipers.

    At 2001:
    Because of excavations, part of the southern wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque buckled between the triple and the single Gates, with a length of about thirty meters, and this was the most intense eruption over the rebuilding Aqsa Mosque since the occupation.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It is three adjacent gates in the southern wall of the wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque, 50 meters from the single gate, 80 from the Double gate, overlooks the emirate’s house and the existing Umayyad palaces south of Al-Aqsa, lead to the western wall of the Marwani Chapel located inside Al-Aqsa Mosque Al-Mubarak, located east of the Dome of the Rock, Umayyads built it to reach the chapel located under the southeast corner of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which known as the eastern settlement.
    The gates served the Muslim neighborhoods of the mosque complex where the gates had three long corridor (similar to the Double Gate corridors) under the level of the mosque leads to its yards.

    Closing the Gate:

    There is a common saying that the Gate closed after Salahaddin liberation, and popularized on the other closed Gates, but there is no historical evidence to support this statement.

    Proof of inaccuracy:

    In the speech of Ibn al-Omari about the Marwani chapel in 755 AH-1354M mentioned opened Gates leading to the area of ​​Silwan intended triple Gate in 746 AH1345 AD.
    The Marwani chapel reached until the year 900 AH1495 AD from outside the fence from the triple or single Gate as pointed out by Hanbali.
    During the excavations at Umayyad region, the wall of Ayyubi revealed in front of the closed gates. This indicates that the Ayyubids protected the gates by building a fence in front of them but not closed them, as believed.
     It is likely that the triple and single Gates completely closed after the reconstruction of the wall at the beginning of the Ottoman period.

  • The Old Hettah Gate

    Landmark Location:
     Down Bab Almagariba.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:

     Southwest Dome of the Rock

    Reason of the name:

    -Bab Hetta: called by travelers of ancient times. -Bab Barkly: Archaeologists called it attributed to whom discovered.
    Details of the shape:
    -Huge Gate length of about 11 m and a width of 5.5 m.
    -Leads from the low valley area about 20 m from the level of the mosque, so climb from the Gate a stairway reaches the yards of the mosque.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    –Other name: Barkly.
    -One of the novels says that the Gate from which the Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him on Al Isra’a journey.

    Dispensing the Gate:
    -It believed that after the conquest and the establishment of the Magareba Quarter, the population increased in the Mameluke period, the building is over the valley and replaced by the Magareba Gate.
    -Note: Turn inside the Gate to the Al-Buraq Chapel, and there is a commemorative metal ring, indicates the connection of Al-Buraq, it dates back to the Ottoman period.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    It’s a huge gate that is almost 11 meters long and 5.5 meters wide. It leads to Al-Wad area that is about 20 meters under the level of the mosque. That’s why people climb stairs from the gate to the mosque’s courts. It’s beneath Al-Maghariba Gate, southwest of the Dome of the Rock. Some people say that this is the gate that Prophet Mohammed, PBUH, entered from during Al-Isra’a Journey. The place behind the gate was turned into Al-Buraq Prayer all. It has the memorial metal ring that refers to tying Al-Buraq animal. The ring dates back to the Ottoman era.

    The Gate’s Names:
    Bab Hitta: named by the Muslim travelers long ago 
    Barkley Gate: named by the archeologists after the scholar who discovered it

    Dispensing the Gate:
    It is believed that after the conquest and the establishment of the Maghariba Quarter, the population increased in the Mameluke period, the building is over the valley and replaced by the Maghariba Gate.

  • The Old Al-Sakinah Gate

    Landmark Location:
     Bottom of Bab al Mutahara.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: 

    West Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:

    Bab al-Sakinah: As mentioned by Nasir Khusraw (483 AH-1047 AD)

    Reason of the name:

    Named Bab Almaghara: relative to the house of the dark Gate.
    Details of the shape:
    -Large closed Gate 11 m long and 5.5 m wide.
    -The external entrance of the Gate (the well is currently being cut) on the western tunnel.

    Additional Information about the landmark:

    –Other names: (Warren, Bab Almaghara).
    -Closed in the Crusader period and turned it into a well and then known as the well of Qaitbay.
    -In 1981AD the Israelis crossed the western tunnel, which overlooks the entrance to the gate (the well now) after the withdrawal of Qaitbay water towards the Dome of the Rock, where the Ministry of Israeli Religions tunnel discovered towards the rock and the well was declared as a synagogue Supreme Islamic Commission to the declaration the general strike and the engineers of the Awaqf and the workers came down to the well and the hole was sealed and the well filled With water again after a clash with Israeli forces that wounded and arrested a number of Awaqf workers.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Other names for the gate are Warn and Al-Maghariba.

    It’s a big low closed gate that’s 11 meters long and 5.5 meters wide. The external side of the gate, which is now a well, overlooks the Western Channel. Under it is Al-Mutaharah Gate, and so it is west of the Dome of the Rock.
    It was called Al-Maghariba Gate after Bayt Al-Bab Al-Muthlim, and was called As-Sakeenah Gate, as named by Naser Khasro in 1047 (483 A.H.).

    The gate was closed in the Crusader era, and turned into a well. Then, it became known as Qait Bey Well. In 1981AD the Israelis crossed the western tunnel, which overlooks the entrance to the gate (the well now) after the withdrawal of Qait Bey water towards the Dome of the Rock, where the Ministry of Israeli Religions tunnel discovered towards the rock and the well was declared as a synagogue. This made the Supreme Islamic Commission declare the general strike and the Endowments’ engineers and the workers came down to the well and the hole was sealed and the well filled with water again after a clash with Israeli forces that wounded and arrested a number of the Endowments’ workers.

1
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم

لا يوجد أحداث في مثل هذا اليوم