Solitude Places

  • Pick a point from the map
  • Khalil Al Danaf Solitude Place(Electrical Maintenance Room)

    Landmark Location: Located on the perimeter of the western Rock’s nave; north of the southwestern pillars

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: Northwest of the Dome of the Rock

    Details of the shape:
    – Located on the perimeter of the western Rock’s nave; north of the southwestern pillars.
    – Northwest of the Dome of the Rock.
    – Ottoman and was used previously for worship and today it’s used as a room for electrical maintenance in Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    About the landmark:
    – It is located on the perimeter of the western Rock’s nave; north of the southwestern pillars, northwest Dome of the Rock. It is Ottoman and was used previously for worship and today it’s used as a room for electrical maintenance in Al-Aqsa Mosque

  • Abd al-Hay al-Dajani solitude building

    Landmark Location: Located below the Western Rock’s nave, adjacent to the GreatIssareservoir (south of the western pillars’ staircase)

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: Southwest of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:In ((1138 e / 1725 m)), as shown by the inscription above the door

    Reason of the name:Named after its builder; Abdul Hai Dajani

    Builder Name: Created by Sheikh Abdul Hai Al Dajani

    Details of the shape:
    – Named after its builder; Abdul Hai Dajani.
    -Located below the Western Rock’s nave, adjacent to the GreatIssareservoir (south of the western pillars’ staircase).
    – Southwest of the Dome of the Rock.
    – Created by Sheikh Abdul Hai Al Dajani.
    In ((1138 e / 1725 m)), as shown by the inscription above the door.
    – Rectangular room, turned in the late eighties of the last century into the headquarters of the clinic Al-Aqsa Mosque
    – An image of Van Bersham dating back to 1328 AH / 1910 indicates that the building included another room to the south, but the earthquake of 1346 H / 1927 led to its destruction.

    About the landmark:
    – Abd al-Hai al-DajaniSolitude Placewas established by Sheikh Abdul Hai al-Dajani (1138 AH / 1725 AD), as shown by the inscription above the door, locatedbelow the Western Rock’s nave, adjacent to the Great Issa reservoir (south of the western pillars’ staircase).
    – An image of Van Bersham dating back to 1328 AH / 1910 indicates that the building included another room to the south, but the earthquake of 1346 H / 1927 led to its destruction.

     

  • Muazzins solitude building (Muazzin is the person who calls for the prayer)

    Landmark Location: To the western side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent to the western pillars to the south, and above the Great Isa Reservoir

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: West to the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:
    Built after the year ((1222 AH / 1807 AD))

    Reason of the name:
    This name came from the fact that it was used as a chamber for the muazzins in the Ottoman era

    Details of the shape:
    – This name came from the fact that it was used as a chamber for the muazzins in the Ottoman era.
    – To the western side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent to the western pillars to the south, and above the Great Isa Reservoir.
    – West to the Dome of the Rock.
    – Built after the year ((1222 AH / 1807 AD)).
    – The Solitude Placeconsists of two small rooms topped by a dome, and then a small room was added in front of the building.

    About the landmark:
    – It is located to the western side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent to the western pillars to the south, and above the Great Isa Reservoir. It was built after the year ((1222 AH / 1807 AD)).
    – The Solitude Placeconsisted of two small rooms topped by a dome, then a small room was added in front of the building. In the Ottoman era, the Solitude Placewas used as a room for early warning systems.

  • Mustafa Agha Solitude Places (Firestation)

    Landmark Location: The circumference of the Western Rock’s nave, between the two northern Western nectar

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: West of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History: Ottoman era the Solitude Placeis a large building

    Details of the shape:
    – The circumference of the Western Rock’s nave, between the two northern Western nectar.
    – West of the Dome of the Rock.
    – -Ottoman era the Solitude Placeis a large building.

    About the landmark:
    Today, it is used as a fire station in Al-Aqsa Mosque. In the past, it was used as a Solitude Placefor worship under which the lower room is assigned for the architect of Al-Aqsa Mosque
    The Solitude Placeis a very large Ottoman building and is located west of the Rock’s nave between the northwest and the West. It is used today as the fire station of Al-Aqsa Mosque. Before that, it was a Solitude Placefor worship and the room below it.

  • Islam Bey Solitude Places (Accounting Office for the Reconstruction Committee)

    Landmark Location: Located on the west side of the Rock’s nave

    Landmark History: In ((1001 AH / 1593 AD))

    Reason of the name: Named after its builder; Islam bey

    Builder Name: Islam Bey

    Details of the shape:
    – Named after its builder; Islam bey.
    – Located on the west side of the Rock’s nave.
    – Islam Bey.
    – In ((1001 AH / 1593 AD)).
    – A small Ottoman room. This room consists of two floors overlooking the Rock’s nave and consists of one room used as the accounting office for the reconstruction of Al Aqsa Mosque and the lower room is located under the rock dish off Bab Al-Hadid and is used today as the headquarters of the Jerusalem’s Zakat Committee.
    – Seven reciters of Qur’an were appointed with their sheikh to recite the Quran every day and then to pray to Islam Bey, his family, and all the Muslims. He gave 500 golden coins as a “waqf” to who reads Al-Quran. In the past, it was used as a worship hall.

    About the landmark:
    – It was named after its builder; Islam bey. It is located on the west side of the rock saucer. Built in ((1001 AH / 1593 AD))
    – A small Ottoman room. This room consists of two floors overlooking the Rock’s nave and consists of one room used as the accounting office for the reconstruction of Al Aqsa Mosque and the lower room is located under the rock dish off Bab Al-Hadid and is used today as the headquarters of the Jerusalem’s Zakat Committee.
    – Seven reciters of Qur’an were appointed with their sheikh to recite the Quran every day and then to pray to Islam Bey, his family, and all the Muslims. He gave 500 golden coins as a “waqf” to who reads Al-Quran. In the past, it was used as a worship hall.

  • Al-Dakri Solitude Places

    Landmark Location: It is located on the northern rock plate in the west

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: Northwest Dome of the Rock

    Builder Name: Building Ottoman

    Details of the shape:
    – It is located on the northern rock plate in the west.
    – Northwest Dome of the Rock.
    – Building Ottoman.
    – The Solitude Placeincludes three rooms.
    – The Solitude Placeis now used as a headquarters for the guards of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
    – The three rooms were used as places of worship in the past, and at this time the first room of the Solitude Placeis used as a store for water maintenance and the second headquarters of the cleaners in the mosque and the third is inhabited by a man since ancient times.

    About the landmark:
    – The three rooms were used as places of worship in the past, and at this time the first room of the Solitude Placeis used as a store for water maintenance and the second headquarters of the cleaners in the mosque and the third is inhabited by a man since ancient times.

  • Han Bolad solitude and Qetas Bey Solitude Places( the Zionist police jail )

    .Landmark Location: On the perimeter of the northern Rock’s nave

    .Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: The northern side of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:967 AH / 1560 AD.

    Builder Name: According to the inscription on the overlooking facade of the Rock’s nave the builder Is .QetasBey

    Details of the shape:
    – On the perimeter of the northern Rock’s nave.
    – The northern side of the Dome of the Rock.
    – According to the inscription on the overlooking facade of the Rock’s nave the builder.
    – Is QetasBey.
    – 967 AH / 1560 AD.
    – Consist of four rooms and there is a column of marble carrying the pergola between the two cells engraved with a beautiful inscription.
    – The upper floor is used as a guard office known as “AlAhwal”, while the Solitude Placeoverlookingthe olive trees is a store that serves the mosque.
    – They are used to for worship.

    Now it is used as follows:
    – A second room for a police officer and a third for a guard. It was used for the purposes of privacy and the fourth corner of a man named Sheikh Ahmed bin Aliwa.

    About the landmark:
    – The two Solitude Places are Ottomans. On the perimeter of the northern rock, there is a column of marble carrying a pergola engraved with beautiful inscriptions and according to these inscriptions, the builder is Ottoman QetasBey in 1560 AD.

    – There are four rooms under them:
    A second room for a police officer and a third for a guard. It was used for the purposes of privacy and the fourth corner of a man named Sheikh Ahmed bin Aliwa.

     

  • Junbaltic Solitude Place

    Landmark Location: Located on the northern side of the Rock’s nave to the west of ArslanBasha'ssolitude building

    Landmark History:In ((1010 e / 1602 m)).

    Reason of the name:After the name of Ibn Jumblatt.

    Builder Name: - The architect is Abdul Mohsen bin Nimr, ordered by Ahmed Basha Radwan.

    Details of the shape:
    – After the name of Ibn Jumblatt.
    – Located on the northern side of the Rock’s nave to the west of ArslanBasha’ssolitude building.
    – The architect is Abdul Mohsen bin Nimr, ordered by Ahmed Basha Radwan.
    – In ((1010 e / 1602 m)).
    – It is noteworthy that Ibn Jumblatt is the one who donatedthe costs of construction, and considered the Solitude Place as waqf for the Kurdish residents who came to Jerusalem; to visit Al-Aqsa Mosque. Later, it was taken over by the police of the occupation authorities and turned it into headquarters.

    About the landmark:
    – The junblattSolitude Placeis situated on the northern side of the Rock’s nave to the west of the Arsalan Pasha In((1010 e / 1602 m)).
    – The court’s legal record states that Ahmad Basha al-Radwan asked architect Abd al-Muhsin ibn Nimr to build the Solitude Place in the name of Ibn Junblatt. Junblatt was the one who donated the costs of construction, and considered the Solitude Place as waqf for the Kurdish residents who came to Jerusalem; to visit Al-Aqsa Mosque. Later, it was taken over by the police of the occupation authorities and turned it into headquarters.

     

  • Arslan basha Solitude Places

    .Landmark Location: It is located in the northern side of the Dome’s nave

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: North of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:It is said to be similar in style to the building of Mohammed Agha's room and is believed
    to have been built in the same period (10th century 16 AD )

    Reason of the name: Named after the person who repaired it;Arslanbasha

    Builder Name: Its builder is unknown, and in the records of the Shari'a Court there is a waqf of the Solitude Places that Arslan Basha has restored in (1109 AH / 1697 AD)

    Details of the shape:
    – Named after the person who repaired it;Arslanbasha
    – It is located in the northern side of the Dome’s nave
    – North of the Dome of the Rock
    – Its builder is unknown, and in the records of the Shari’a Court there is a waqf of the Solitude Places that Arslan Basha has restored in (1109 AH / 1697 AD).
    – It is said to be similar in style to the building of Mohammed Agha’s room and is believed to have been built in the same period (“10th century 16 AD )
    – It consists of two floors; with two rooms in each floor, the upper room overlooks the Rock’s nave and a gallery, while the bottom overlooks the olive trees and is used as a warehouse and for the mosque’s guards to use.
    – When Arslan Basha renovated it, it was a waqf in Jerusalem. It was known as Dar al-Balat, where the rent of the house is spent on the reciters of Al- Qur’an in the solitude building. The upper room was seized by the police of the occupation authorities and they turned it into their headquarters.

    About the landmark:
    – Named after the person who repaired it;Arslanbasha. It is located in the northern side of the Dome’s nave; north of the Dome of the Rock. Its builder is unknown, and in the records of the Shari’a Court there is a waqf of the Solitude Places that Arslan Basha has restored in (1109 AH / 1697 AD). It is said to be similar in style to the building of Mohammed Agha’s room and is believed to have been built in the same period (“10th century 16 AD ).
    – It Consists of two floors; with two rooms in each floor, the upper room overlooks the Rock’s nave and a gallery, while the bottom overlooks the olive trees and is used as a warehouse and for the mosque’s guards to use.When Arslan Basha renovated it, it was a waqf in Jerusalem. It was known as Dar al-Balat, where the rent of the house is spent on the reciters of Al- Qur’an in the solitude building. The upper room was seized by the police of the occupation authorities and they turned it into their headquarters.

     

  • Mohammad Agha Solitude Place

    Landmark Location: Located in the northern side of the Dome’s nave, next to the northern pillars.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: The northern side of the Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History: In (996 AH / 1588 AD).

    Reason of the name: Named after Mohammad Agha, who ordered its construction.

    Builder Name: Mohammed Agha built it

    Details of the shape:
    Consisting of two floors, the upper floor consists of a small room leading to a large room overlooking the Dome of the Rock’s nave, the Solitude Placeis used today as a residence for the head of the guards of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the basement of the cell is used as a store. Another room is used by Zahid Ahmad bin Aliwa.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    The records of the Shari’a Court stated that Judge Ain Ali Effendi used to read Surat Yassin every day in the upper room and dedicate it for the soul of our prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). He was allowed to live in the lower room and plant the small garden across the lower room.

    About the landmark:
    Mohammed Agha’s Solitude Placeis located in the vicinity of the North Rock’s nave west of the North West pillars. It was built by Muhammad Agha in (996 AH / 1588 AD). It consists of two upper floors consisting of a small room (the entrance to the school) leading to the large room and overlooking the courtyard of the Dome of the Rock .
    Today’s Solitude Placeis used as a room for the head of al-Aqsa Mosque guards and the Solitude PlaceUsed as a store and another room used by Zahid Ahmed bin Aliwa.
    The records of the Shari’a Court stated that Judge Ain Ali Effendi used to read Surat Yassin every day in the upper room and dedicate it for the soul of our prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). He was allowed to live in the lower room and plant the small garden across the lower room.

  • Mohammed Bey Solitude Place

    Landmark Location: Located on the northern side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent from the east to the northern pillars

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: North of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History: In ((974 AH / 1567 AD))

    Reason of the name: Named after it owner Mohammed Bey

    Builder Name: Amir of the Jerusalem Brigade Mohammed Bey had it built

    Details of the shape:
    – Named after it owner Mohammed Bey
    – Located on the northern side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent from the east to the northern pillars
    – North of the Dome of the Rock
    – Amir of the Jerusalem Brigade Mohammed Bey had it built
    – In ((974 AH / 1567 AD))
    – Consists of two floors; the upper floor overlooksthe Rock’s nave. There are two rooms, the one in the east is used as a room for the guards of the mosque and for the uses of the Islamic Awareness Committee, and the Western Office of the imams of Al-Aqsa Mosque, a Solitude Place, is used as a storehouse and a generator backup.
    – In the mamluk era, and before building the solitude place (746 AH / 1345 AD), two rectangular terraces (2,66 m / 8.5 m) were found to the right and north of the northern Qantara. When the Solitude Places of Mohammed Bey and Mohammed Agha were built, the two terraces became balconies for them.
    – Mohammed Bey’s villa is located on the northern side of the rock plate adjacent to the northern pillars. It was established by the Amir of the Jerusalem Brigade, Mohammed Bey (974 AH / 1567 AD).
    – Consists of two floors; the upper floor overlooks the Rock’s nave. There are two rooms, the one in the east is used as a room for the guards of the mosque and for the uses of the Islamic Awareness Committee, and the Western Office of the imams of Al-Aqsa Mosque, a Solitude Place, is used as a storehouse and a generator backup.
    – In the mamluk era, and before building the solitude place (746 AH / 1345 AD), two rectangular terraces (2,66 m / 8.5 m) were found to the right and north of the northern Qantara. When the Solitude Places of Mohammed Bey and Mohammed Agha were built, the two terraces became balconies for them.

  • The western Ahmed Basha Solitude Place

    Landmark Location: The northern side of the Dome’s nave

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: It is located in the northern side of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History: 1009 AH 1601 AD

    Reason of the name: Named after its builder Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan

    Builder Name: Ahmed Basha AL-Radwan

    Details of the shape:
    -The Mamluk art of decoration, such as colored stones (AlAblaq and AlMqarnisat), as well as the decoration of its dome from the inside and in the front of the hallway three decades.
    -The Solitude Places consist of three rooms. Today, the office is used by the director of Al-Aqsa Mosque. The Solitude Places are used as a storehouse for generators to illuminate Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Ahmed Basha AL-RadwanSolitude Places, constructed by Ahmed Basha in 1009 AH 1601 AD. The Mamluk art of decoration, such as colored stones (AlAblaq and AlMqarnisat), as well as the decoration of its dome from the inside and in the front of the hallway three decades. The Solitude Places consist of three rooms. Today, the office is used by the director of Al-Aqsa Mosque. The Solitude Places are used as a storehouse for generators to illuminate Al-Aqsa Mosque.

  • East Ahmad Basha Solitude Place( translation library )

    Landmark Location: It is around the nave, in the eastern side

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: East of the Dome of the Rock

    Landmark History:In 1006 AH 1598 AD

    Reason of the name: Named after the person who ordered its construction; Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan.

    Builder Name: It was constructed on an order from Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan.

    Details of the shape:
    Consists of two stories. Each story consists of one room. uses the upper room to guard Al-Aqsa Mosque, the bottom is a store.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    Ottoman construction, now used as a translation office (documents and a place for tourists’ guidance). It was previously used as a room for worshipping and teaching. Below it a room also previously used for worship.

    An Overview of the Landmark:
    Ahmed Basha’s villa was built in (1006 AH) by order of Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan. It consists of two stories and each story consists of one room.
    The upper room, overlooking the Rock, is used for guarding the mosque, and the lower one served as warehouse store at the beginning of the Ottoman era.
    It is located on the edge of the northern Rock’s nave, on the eastern side. It is now used as a translation office (translation of texts and a place of guidance for visitors). It was formerly used as a room for worshipping and teaching.

     

     

  • Southwest Solitude building

    Landmark Location: Located on the west side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent to the South West pillars near to Al-Nahwaya school

    Landmark History: Built after ((1222 e / 1807 m))

    Details of the shape:
    – Located on the west side of the Rock’s nave, adjacent to the South West pillars near to Al-Nahwaya school
    – Built after ((1222 e / 1807 m)).
    – It consists of two floors, the first floor overlooks the Rock’s nave, while the upper floor consists of one room with a flat ceiling (where the roof was rebuilt in the twentieth century) and is used today as the head office of the mosque dam.

    About the landmark:
    – The first floor is located on the Rock’s nave. The upper floor is a single room with a flat ceiling. Today, the head office is used for the mosque. The lower chamber is located under the Rock, across Al- Ashrafieh school. It was built at the beginning of the Ottoman period. It is used today for the purposes of Al-Aqsa mosque.
    -The southwestern Solitude Placeis located on the western side of the Rock’s nave, the southwestern, close to Al-Nahwaya school and it seems to have been built after (1222 AH / 1807 AD).

     

  • Faaeq Al-danaf Solitude Places

    Landmark Location: Located on the western side of the Rock’s nave, close to the western pillars from the north.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock: West of the Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History: Ottoman construction.

    Details of the shape:
    – Located on the western side of the Rock’s nave, close to the western pillars from the north.
    – West of the Dome of the Rock.
    – Ottoman construction.
    – Consists of two floors each floor consists of one room, the upper floor consists of a simple square room built after the year ((1222 H / 1807 m)).
    – The old room was used for worship. Now, the Solitude Place is used as an office for the translators / guides in the mosque, while the lower chamber corresponds to the door of the cleanser was closed contracts glass and aluminum.
    – At the end of the last century, the lower room used a ticket office, and today it is used for mosque purposes. It is also used as a room for the head of the dam in Al-Aqsa Mosque, and a ticket office for expatriates from tourists and visitors to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    About the landmark:
    – Faaeq AL-danaf is located on the western side of the Rock’s naveis paste the western pillars from the north West Dome of the Rock. it is an Ottoman construction.
    – Consists of two floors each floor consists of one room, the upper floor consists of a simple square room built after a year ((1222 H / 1807 m)).
    – The old room was used for worship. Now, the Solitude Place is used as an office for the translators / guides in the mosque, while the lower chamber corresponds to the door of the cleanser was closed contracts glass and aluminum.
    At the end of the last century, the lower room used a ticket office, and today it is used for mosque purposes. It is also used as a room for the head of the dam in Al-Aqsa Mosque, and a ticket office for expatriates from tourists and visitors to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

1
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم

لا يوجد أحداث في مثل هذا اليوم